Although it might feel like the world is ending, fear not, it is not. In these strange times where we’re all working from home, we want to look at the positives and provide you with some tips on how you can freshen up your home and maintain a healthy environment.
Marie Kondo your home
With all that spare time, why not spark some joy and deep clean your home. There’s nothing better than a fresh and clean home and with everything going on, personal hygiene is at peak. Based on what we know, coronaviruses can live on surfaces for an average of 4-5 days, but some have survived at room temperate for up to 9 days!
To ensure the safety of yourself and others around you, sweep, wash, spray and wipe every nook and cranny of your home and at the end, we are sure it’ll make you and those around you feel good. Remember to wear gloves, dispose of the gloves and wash your hands.
To ensure your safety and the safety of others around you in your home, below are some cleaning essentials to consider.
- Change your clothes — if you’ve gone out, change into a clean outfit upon returning home
- Leave dirty items at the door – minimise the entrance of pathogens into your home by taking off your shoes and keeping them at the doorway or garage
- Take hand sanitizer with you everywhere you go — it should be a handbag essential now
- Wipe down your work station — even when working from home, it’s a good idea to clean your own computer keys and mouse frequently, especially if you eat at your desk
- After using the toilet, close the lid, flush and wash your hands. The virus can be detected in faeces and closing the lid before flushing reduces the risk of the virus becoming airborne and spreading the infection further.
- Change sheets and towels regularly
- Wash the floors once a day. This is especially important if you have young children.
- Regularly clean down hand-held devices such as gaming controls, mobile phones, tablets, keyboards (with alcohol spray or alcohol wipes).
Keeping Yourself Healthy
Regardless of whether you think you have symptoms of the virus or not, it is important to stay healthy, particularly in these times of uncertainty. Even though the toilet paper is running out, we are still in abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables, so make your home feel like you’re staying in a tropical resort island, whilst also feeding your body with nutrients…win win!
Ensure you’re eating well, keep your fluids up and make sure there is paracetamol or pain relievers around in case any symptoms arise.
Not only are we advising you to eat healthy, we also don’t want you to forget about your mental health. Working from home and being self-isolated can cause us to feel lonely, anxious, stressed and depressed. If you’d like to know some tips to help you stay healthy and happy while you’re in self quarantine, read our other blog post here.